Information, advice and Guidance
The job of everyone here at Capital Training Group is to help you to improve your skills, employability & career choices. Staff will offer you all the help you need to do this. We provide a comprehensive service to meet all your learning and assessment needs, and our Information, Advice and Guidance staff will help you with all the things you may need to build up your confidence to enter or re-enter the labour market or to progress your current career.
We are also here to help you with any problems you may be having. It is our job to address these or help you to address them, so please do not be afraid to ask for help.
Our Learning and support advisors can offer you the following services, if you require them:
- Impartial and unbiased advice on the courses we provide.
- Information regarding the qualifications and career paths that our programmes offer.
- Guidance and support when you are facing personal difficulties.
- Referrals to other high-quality training providers if our courses are not suitable for you, or we cannot meet all your needs.
- Assessment to make sure the course level is right for you.
- Employability support, helping you with CV writing, application forms, interview tips and your personal skills.
- Advice on progression into work or further learning.
CTG has been recognised for its commitment to providing quality Information, Advice, and Guidance by achieving the Matrix Standard, which it has held since 2014.
We have put together a detailed Learner Handbook, which outlines our Policies & Procedures, and contains useful contact details for external organisations. A copy of this is available below.
Ofsted Inspection May 2014
Quote from Ofsted Inspection May 2014 below:
“Information, advice and guidance to learners are good. The preparation and matching of each learner to an appropriate employer is excellent. One employer highlighted how their apprentice, from the outset, displayed the appropriate attitude and positive outlook to fit well in their very specific and challenging work environment. Tutors adopt a particularly enthusiastic and motivational approach that raises learners’ aspirations and encourages learners to progress to higher levels and to consider promotion and employment opportunities. “